How to use Multi Balm 200%
Is moisture cream your only option when it comes to moisturising your skin? And the only balm type product you have is a lip balm?
Dry weather like these days, I always carry a lip balm in my bag. But wouldn’t it too sticky to use the lip balm on the other part of the body?
Why is balm type better?
Oh~ there are so many things to like about using the balm type product. Firstly, it is the product that can be made with 100% safe ingredients. Shea butter, beeswax and other vegetarian oil… these ingredients that are second to none in moisturising the skin.
100% oil components! In other words, it can be used for a long period of time without synthetic chemical preservatives since the water was not used. If you have read my previous blog, Why are organic cosmetics expensive?, you would know that most of the products including natural cosmetics fail in terms of preservatives. Organic preservatives are often much more expensive than the other cosmetic ingredients.
Also, the good thing about not using water is, the synthetic emulsifier is not being used to mix water and oil and create the stabilised formulation. Emulsifiers are one of the surfactants, and listed as the three major skin irritants together with synthetic preservatives and synthetic fragrances.
Tips to utilise the Multi Balm to 200%!
- Use a small spatula and scoop out the balm. Use the warmth of your fingers to melt it and apply it on the dry spot on your skin. While the regular moisturiser is absorbed by gently tapping it onto the skin, balm type is more effectively absorbed by massaging it onto the skin with the warmth of your hands.
- If it is a product rich in healing oil components, put it into your bag right now. It is really useful when your skin is irritated and reddish, as well as when you got insect bites.
- If you use the multi balm right after washing your face and use the mist, it can help the balm’s absorption and enhancing the skin soothing effect and moisturising effect.
- You may use it for your body and face, but it is ideal for chapped lips, cuticle care after your nails, knees, elbows, heels and any other areas that are flaky and dry.
- Dry patches around your lips during the changing seasons. It does not look very neat, but once you try to exfoliate them, it will get worse. You should massage the area with balm. Remember sufficient mistrusting is the only way out.
- If your skin is too dry that it will not get better with any of your creams that you are using right now, apply the balm thick enough like a sleeping pack.
- Visual expression of fresh skin without makeup! Try to use the balm with Candelilla wax instead of the ones with beeswax. Candelilla wax is vegetable wax used in manufacturing the glossy lipsticks. It gives the glossy look on the lips and creates the natural highlight effect when you apply it on eye area or cheek bone. Of course, the moisturising effect is a bonus!
- Do the wrinkles around your eyes, lips that become obvious when it turns dry after wearing makeup? Try to use the balm before using a foundation as a makeup booster. If you use it on your lips before applying a matt type lipstick, your lips will still feel smooth.
- Try to use the balm as a mask pack for your dry, rough hand. Wash your hand thoroughly, then melt the balm with the warmth of your skin, massage the balm on your hand and wear disposable gloves, leave it for 20 minutes then wash it off with warm water. Massage the leftover moisture on your hands and you will be surprised by how smooth your hands become!
- Does your hair split easily? Try to apply the balm on the tip of your hair and put on a steam towel before washing your hair. If you have an oil that you use, it is even better to use it together. You would not be needing another treatment.
Beauty of Minimalism
Recently, butter and other balm type products’ advantages became popular. Many companies start to market the products by changing the fragrances and oil components, and classifying them as different types such as baby balm, facial balm, lip balm, hand balm, foot balm and etc.… If you have a multi balm, you can use it in any way you desire. It is even easy to carry it around in your handbag!
If you decide to purchase the balm, you must check the ingredients. You must know the exact ingredients in order to use it for various purposes. If you check the ingredient label, you can notice that there are so many products contain mineral oil for budget, synthetic fragrance for marketing purpose and silicone for better texture.
Even though the products have organic essential oil for fragrance and function, too much of them may irritate the sensitive skin. Please be aware.
For your information, The Brown Bottle’s Organic Multi Balm is made with unrefined organic Tamanu oil (be careful for those with peanut allergy). No animal ingredients, even beeswax was not added to the product, so it is incomparably better vegan personal care product. Moreover, no essential oil was used, so it helps to fight eczema skins without irritation.